Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
From a recipe booklet from the grocery store several years ago.
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs (about 38 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all- vegetable shortening (butter flavored)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- mixed fruit (strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, oranges, red or green grapes)
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For Crust:.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground cookies and sugar. With a pastry blender or two knives, add butter-flavored shortening and mix until moist clumps form. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of 10" removable bottom tart pan. Bake until golden, about 8 minutes. Watch carefully as it can easily burn at the end of the cooking time. Let cool.
- For Filling:.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice with electric mixer until well blended. Add whipping cream and beat at high speed until light and fluffy. Spread in tart shell and chill several hours.
- Arrange fruit on top of chilled filling. Combine preserves with water and brush over top. Garnish and serve.
Delicious. One of my favorite summer desserts, which I always top with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and kiwi. You could make it a little easier by using a pre-made graham cracker crust, but the extra effort for the gingersnap crust is really worth it.