Recipe by KelBel
This recipe is from Paula Deen. I was very impressed at how easy the whole recipe was to put together with spectacular results, especially the crust.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Turned out great! As I was making the recipe I thought it might be too sweet, but all the flavors balanced really well. I think I still prefer the custard type tart filling, but this was really nice for a change. The glaze is a real gem of a recipe to know about. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe!
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml unsalted butter, softened and sliced
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- fresh strawberries
- kiwi, slices
- 170.09 g can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- whipped cream, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the crust: In a food processor, combine the confectioners' sugar, flour, and butter, and process until the mixture forms a ball.
- With your fingers, press the dough into a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, taking care to push the crust into the indentations in the sides.
- Pat until the crust is even.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until very lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- For the filling and topping:.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Spread over the cooled crust.
- Cut the strawberries into 1/4-inch slices and arrange around the edge of the crust.
- For the next circle, use kiwi slices.
- Add another circle of strawberries, filling in any spaces with blueberries.
- Cluster the raspberries in the center of the tart.
- For the glaze:.
- Combine the limeade, cornstarch, lime juice, and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until clear and thick, about 2 minutes. Let cool.
- With a pastry brush, glaze the entire tart. You will not use all of the glaze.
- Keep the tart in the refrigerator.
- Remove about 15 minutes before serving.
- Slice into 8 wedges and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.