Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These sundaes are a nice treat. They are very satisfying without a whole lot of fat or calories. You can change the type of berries depending on your taste - Great for the summer!
- In medium bowl, mix strawberries, sugar and lime juice.
- Let stand until sugar is dissolved and strawberries are juicy, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- In small microwave-safe cup, melt chocolate chips on high, 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth, reserve.
- Divide sorbet, banana slices, frozen yogurt and strawberry sauce among 4 dessert dishes.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, top with whipped topping.
I had some big oops problems thought I had everything but no strawberry sorbet (so had to omit) and well I don't really like bananas so was going to omit them anyway so in the end I ended up with strawberries, French vanilla yoghurt and the chocolate sauce (and as I made the dessert ahead of time the sauce had set hard on the top but was still delicious) and for dietary reasons I omitted the sugar as I really feel that the fruit itself is sweet enough but the lime added a nice astringent taste to the dish and with the sweetness from the chocolate as was, was perfect for us, thank you Lainey6605, made for I Recommend tag ame and recommended by KateL.
5 Stars! What a nice delight! The fudgy chocolate and the sliced bananas offer a nice counterpoint to the strawberry sorbet and vanilla frozen yogurt topped with lime-sugar marinated strawberry slices. Used Strawberry Sorbet #121994 because it had the same lime juice-strawberry combination as the sundae recipe. Made for Newest Zaar Tag (June 2008).