All the wonderful fresh fruit of summer, whatever is in season, makes refreshing fruit salads. I use whatever is going locally the day I make it, berries, peaches, apricots, pineapple, melons etc., mmmm lushious!!
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat yogurt (or fat free sour cream)
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls (or cubes)
- 2 cups watermelon balls (or cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (or nuts of your choice)
- fresh basil leaf, roughly chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl whisk together nonfat yogurt, splenda, cardamom and salt, set aside.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl, carefully mix. (fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped, may be added if using).
- Pour nonfat yogurt mix over the fruit and carefully stir to coat.
- Alternately, the nonfat yogurt mix can be served on the side, or as a topping on each serving.
- Ganish with fresh basil leaves.
Awesome, This would be great for a ot luck if kept cold until it was served. It would not last long enough to get warm once set out. I will defininitely try your other tonight for dessert. This afternoon I didn't have to adjust serving numbers since every brought something. The kids loved it.My blackberries have been gone for about 3 weeks, so I used extra blueberries and some strawberries... There were no black berries at the grocery store either. The only other thing I admitted was the salt. I like salt but am on a sodium reduced diet. None the less it turned our great. Thanks for the recipe. I've already had requests for it. It's great because being on zarr I can just print this page off, so they know who the author is and can sign in and look for more. Leanne