- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and halved (about 1 quart)
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries (about 1/2 pint)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 7 1⁄2 cups lightly packed shaved ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely mash strawberries, raspberries and sugar in a bowl with a potato masher. Let berries stand, loosely covered, at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Drain berry mixture in a fine sieve set over a bowl, pressing lightly on berries. Reserve crushed berries for another use.
- For each serving, spoon 2 1/2 tablespoons berry syrup over 3/4 cup lightly packed shaved ice.
- Serve immediately.