Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Strawberry Swap 2005 ZWT region is West for California grows the kiwi and strawberries, Southwest for the TexMex fusion cuisine.
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and diced
- 2 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, zest of
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 10 1⁄2 ounces flour tortillas, cut in triangles
- sugar, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- Combine apples, kiwi, strawberries, orange juice, zest, brown sugar, and apple jelly together. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place the tortilla wedges on a non greased baking sheet and sprinkle with desired amount of cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake the tortilla wedges at 325 degrees until warm.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve with fruit salsa.
Great recipe. We love this and I get a lot of requests for the recipe. My only recommendation is to spray the pan before putting the tortillas in the oven. I didn't spray and the tortillas stuck to the pan.
My husband who has an aversion to fruit loved it! As did my 18 month old and myself. This is a great snack on a warm summer afternoon. Thank you so much for posting such a yummy recipe! Made for ZWT5.
This was really great. I doubled the recipe and everyone LOVED it! I used wheat tortillas to add a bit of whole grains to the dish. I diced up the fruit the night before and squeezed some lemon into it (to keep the apples from browning) then mixed the juice, jelly and brown sugar right before serving. It was a bit juicy but still had some good chunk to it. I'm wondering how a bit of red onion and/or cilantro would taste in this mix. Maybe parsley if you don't like cilantro. However, this one's easy to adjust to taste. This will surely be one I make for my next gathering. Thanks!