Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lovely refreshing salsa, great with fish or any meat.chill time is cook time. from Company's comming, cooking for diabetics. Diabetic choices = 1 fruit and veggie
- 1 medium ripe mango
- 1 large ripe papaya
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice, fresh is best
- 3⁄4 cup English cucumber, with peel,diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon mint leaf, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- fresh mint (to garnish)
- Peel and dice mango and papaya with juice, into medium bowl.
- Stir in next 8 ingredients.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour to blend flavours.
- Garnish with mint leaves if desired.