Recipe by COOKGIRl
I put this together quickly today while waiting for my tea to brew. Use your favorite fresh fruit in season. Note: the Recipezaar site was giving me grief by not allowing me to type: 1 rose bloom. You will need 1 rose bloom to complete this recipe. (Why insist on rose flour, not rose flower?!)
- 2 tablespoons orange muscat champagne vinegar (found at Trader Joe's)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rose water, to taste
- 1 valencia orange, sliced into crescents (I don't bother peeling the citrus fruit)
- 4 strawberries, hulled, cleaned and sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow grapefruit, sliced into crescents
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup green seedless grape
- 2 -3 small rose petals, cut into thin ribbons
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the fruit attractively on a serving platter.
- Stir together the vinegar and rose water.
- Pour the vinegar and rose water evenly over the fruit. Set aside for 15-30 minutes to macerate.
- Just before serving, garnish the fruit with fresh rose petal ribbons and a rose bloom.
- Yield is estimated.