The dressing turns this fruit salad into something special. Cut the wedges from the orange into the bowl first, then squeeze the rest to extract juice, will keep the banana from turning brown.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons good honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped from (optional)
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1⁄2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1 bunch green seedless grape, halved
- Combine the yogurt, honey, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean seeds in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the orange juice and banana slices in a separate bowl.
- Add the berries and grapes and gently mix the fruit mixture together.
- Spoon the fruit into serving bowls and top with the yogurt.
I made this for my mothers' birthday breakfast because she really loves fruit. This was quick and easy. I used bananas, strawberries, pears and oranges which was what I had on hand. I added some powdered sugar to the yogurt as it was a bit bitter. Probably just the yogurt. I'm going to try again with greek yogurt because I like the flavor of it better. I also mistakenly added the orange juice to the yogurt as well as the bananas, which just made it taste better. A few sprinkles of cinnamon really added a little something special to it. Thanks for a great recipe! :-)
This is a good salad recipe. I feel the dressing makes alot also. I followed the ingredients per recipe except for the blueberries and raspberries were not available here. made for Spring PAC 2008.
We liked the tang the yogurt gave the fruit. I doubled the amounts of the fruits because the dressing really goes a long way. I feel as written this would have served more then 4, more like 8. I had many requests for this recipe also. I adopted this chef for the *Spring PAC 2008* game