Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick to put together giant cookie covered with a layer of cream cheese and fruit. This variation is from Paula Deen of the Food Network.
- 1 (17 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 cups fruit (fresh strawberries, bananas, pineapple chunks, maraschino cherries, fresh oranges cut into rounds an)
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out cookie dough large enough to cover a round pizza pan. Bake 8 to 15 minutes or until firm. Cool completely.
- Mix together cream cheese and your choice of extract. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled cookie dough crust.
- Arrange fruit in circles around center.
- Warm marmalade slightly in the microwave and brush over fruit.
- Serve immediately.
Very good, very easy and gone in a flash!!! I put this together in a hurry yesterday before our church singing and it was one of the first dishes that was devoured!!! I used blueberries, strawberries and kiwi along with almond flavoring. It was very good and I will be making this one again.
crazy how you have another one to