Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is delicious and fun! For the fourth of July, use blueberries, raspberries and halved strawberries for a festive dessert. Use other colorful berries for other theme parties. I would suggest making two!
- 1 (18 ounce) packageslice-and-bake cookie dough
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 4 tablespoons orange liqueur or 4 tablespoons juice
- 1 (12 ounce) containersoft cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups fresh mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 12-inch pizza or springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press cookie dough evenly into bottom of pan and bake 15-20 minutes.
- Cool Completely.
- Combine apricot preserves and half the orange liqueur or juice in saucepan over low heat until liquefied.
- Strain, keep warm.
- In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese with sugar, remaining liqueur or juice and vanilla.
- Spread over crust to 1-inch from edge.
- Arrange berries on top.
- Brush warm preserves over fruit to glaze.
- Serve immediately or tightly cover and refrigerate.
This dessert is so pretty and delicious! I took it to a softball game/picnic and it was the hit of the food table. Everyone wanted to know what was in the crust. Just a note~ be sure to dry your fruit. Otherwise the crust will get soggy as it sits.
I made this for the 4th and it was a hit. I used less fruit than this called for--I just did single layers of fruit in concentric circles so I probably could have gotten away with 4-6 cups of fruit. I also used lemon curd and lemon juice in place of the apricot preserves and orange juice. The tartness of the lemon was a nice complement to the sweetness of the crust and cream cheese--and lemon is always good with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I will definitely make this again!
I had always loved fruit pizza, but this was so much better than your average pizza. I loved how it was so decorative. This is one recipie that i know i will be sure to make again. I brought it to my uncles' birthday party that's on the fourth of july and with the red, white, and blue i used, everyone loved it!