Recipe by chia
i found this on another site to make use of some nectarines, blueberries and strawberries. it was quick, easy and tasted just great. the cook time reflects baking the pie crust while cooking the fruit
Top Review by Derf
Great dessert! I used a bought pie crust and a mixture of frozen raspberries and blackberries, both worked out fine. Made it last night and left it in the fridge overnight. Served it with a spritz of whipped cream, Mmmmmmm good! We will definately be making this again, it will be interesting to try fresh peaches in the summer, thanks for sharing Chia!!
- 4 cups assorted fresh berries or 4 cups peaches (and berries) or 4 cups nectarines (and berries) or 4 cups plums (etc)
- 2⁄3-1 cup sugar, to taste
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie crust, pricked with a fork and blind baked
Directions See How It's Made
- if using peaches or fruit other than berries, remove the pits and slice.
- in a small bowl mash 1 1/2 c of fruit and berries with a fork.
- in a saucepan whisk together sugar, cornstarch and 1 1/2 tbsp water.
- stir in mashed fruit and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, until thickened stir in lemon juice.
- remove from heat, stir in butter and remaining fruit.
- chill until partially thickened.
- spoon into cooked pie crust and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.