Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a *great* no-bake fruit pie that will be the hit of your next BBQ! You don't heat up the kitchen with baking and the fresh fruit flavor with ripe summer fruit really *shines!* A great dessert that will impress everyone ! ENJOY!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart fresh fruit, of your choice (strawberries, sliced and skinned peaches , raspberries etc.)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Jello gelatin (flavor to match fruit)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- For Pie Crust: Mix all pie crust ingredients with fork.
- Press mixture into a 10 inch pie plate.
- Bake crust at 450°F for 10-12 minutes. Watch carefully as not to burn crust.
- Filling: Cook together until boiling the sugar, salt, cornstarch, water and corn syrup.
- Remove from heat and add the half package of jello and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool slightly and then add fresh fruit.
- Pour into baked pie shell and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!
I make this pie all the time in the summer. My favourite way to do it is to cook rhubarb in a couple tablespoons of water and a little sugar till it is soft and you can mash it up, and use strawberry jello. Mmmmm Mmmmm good.
This was by far the easiest, most delicious pie I've ever made. The hardest part was cutting the strawberries! To make it even easier, I bought a no-bake shortbread crust instead of making it. I used strawberries and can't wait to try it with other fruit.
Theresa, My favorute pie is Strawberry Rhubarb, and this sounded like a good recipe for that,I precooked the Rhubard and strawberries though, It was very easy and tasted really good. Loved this recipe.. Thanks, Darlene Summers