Recipe by Theresa P
This is a *great* no-bake fruit pie that will be the hit of your next BBQ! You don't heat up the kitchen with baking and the fresh fruit flavor with ripe summer fruit really *shines!* A great dessert that will impress everyone ! ENJOY!
Top Review by katdi
I make this pie all the time in the summer. My favourite way to do it is to cook rhubarb in a couple tablespoons of water and a little sugar till it is soft and you can mash it up, and use strawberry jello. Mmmmm Mmmmm good.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart fresh fruit, of your choice (strawberries, sliced and skinned peaches , raspberries etc.)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Jello gelatin (flavor to match fruit)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- For Pie Crust: Mix all pie crust ingredients with fork.
- Press mixture into a 10 inch pie plate.
- Bake crust at 450°F for 10-12 minutes. Watch carefully as not to burn crust.
- Filling: Cook together until boiling the sugar, salt, cornstarch, water and corn syrup.
- Remove from heat and add the half package of jello and mix well.
- Let the mixture cool slightly and then add fresh fruit.
- Pour into baked pie shell and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!