Recipe by breezermom
A yummy blend of fresh fruits with a delicious dressing....make sure you use fresh lemon juice and zest...it is key to the recipe. And don't forget the mint! Posted for ZWT5....from Danny Boome Ltd.
Top Review by lauralie41
We enjoy almost anything with poppy seeds so had to give this a try and so happy we did. Had frozen blueberries on hand so let those thaw while putting together the parfait. The dressing is so good and loved the combination of fruit. Next time will substitute strawberries for the kiwi for DH and add some bananas. I think just about any combination of fruit would be very tasty. This will be a favorite for us! Made and reviewed for ZWT8 - 2012 The Fearless Red Dragons.
- 2 kiwi, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 2 peaches, pitted, quartered, diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus zest for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- mint sprig, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl place cut fruit, blueberries, lemon juice and 1 tbsp sugar. Mix well and macerate for about 10 to 15 minutes. This will allow the fruit to be infused with lemon juice and sugar.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir 2 cups of lowfat yogurt and poppy seeds.
- In clear glasses (wine glasses make an excellent choice) layer the ingredients starting with the fruit mixture, then the yogurt. Repeat until full. Garnish with a sprig of mint.