Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy blend of fresh fruits with a delicious dressing....make sure you use fresh lemon juice and zest...it is key to the recipe. And don't forget the mint! Posted for ZWT5....from Danny Boome Ltd.
- 2 kiwi, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 2 peaches, pitted, quartered, diced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus zest for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- mint sprig, for garnish
- In a medium bowl place cut fruit, blueberries, lemon juice and 1 tbsp sugar. Mix well and macerate for about 10 to 15 minutes. This will allow the fruit to be infused with lemon juice and sugar.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir 2 cups of lowfat yogurt and poppy seeds.
- In clear glasses (wine glasses make an excellent choice) layer the ingredients starting with the fruit mixture, then the yogurt. Repeat until full. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
We enjoy almost anything with poppy seeds so had to give this a try and so happy we did. Had frozen blueberries on hand so let those thaw while putting together the parfait. The dressing is so good and loved the combination of fruit. Next time will substitute strawberries for the kiwi for DH and add some bananas. I think just about any combination of fruit would be very tasty. This will be a favorite for us! Made and reviewed for ZWT8 - 2012 The Fearless Red Dragons.
Easy and delicious! This would make a great breakfast prepared ahead of time or lovely summer dessert. I used half-fat yogurt because they didn't have lactose free low fat yogurt, but other than that I did the same thing as the recipe. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT 8.
How can fresh fruit and that nice little "pop" of poppy seeds be anything but wonderful? This tasted so good! I also added strawberries, a banana and cataloup. Fabulous!