Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A mixture of fresh fruit. From southern Europe, including Italy. Cook time includes 1 hour chill time.
- 4 cups fresh fruit
- 1 cup dry red wine or 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup champagne
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- whipped cream (optional)
- If necessary, peel fruits and cut into bite-size pieces to make 4 cups.
- Combine wine, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Pour wine mixture over fruits; stir gently to mix.
- Cover; refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- To serve, top with dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
An excellent iteration of the desert, the only improvement I can think of is, as shown in the photo, to garnish it with (or otherwise include) fresh mint. Especially recommended if you're using more acidic fruits. If you don't like garnishes, muddle the mint in the syrup before pouring it over the fruit and serving.
A very light dessert perfect after a heavy meal. I used a dry white wine with strawberries, raspberries, and Kiwi. All fruits were wonderful with the wine but the raspberries were my personal favorite. The whipped cream put this over the top! Thank you Captain Charmie!
What a lovely simple desert. I used strawberries for the fruit and a nice white wine my mother was drinking. Served with low fat yogurt on the side. Perfect reshing summer dessert! Made for ZWT 3!