A mixture of fresh fruit. From southern Europe, including Italy. Cook time includes 1 hour chill time.
- If necessary, peel fruits and cut into bite-size pieces to make 4 cups.
- Combine wine, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Pour wine mixture over fruits; stir gently to mix.
- Cover; refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- To serve, top with dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
A very light dessert perfect after a heavy meal. I used a dry white wine with strawberries, raspberries, and Kiwi. All fruits were wonderful with the wine but the raspberries were my personal favorite. The whipped cream put this over the top! Thank you Captain Charmie!
What a lovely simple desert. I used strawberries for the fruit and a nice white wine my mother was drinking. Served with low fat yogurt on the side. Perfect reshing summer dessert! Made for ZWT 3!
Misjudged the amt of various fresh fruits I’d be needing for ZWT & needed to find ways to use it, so I went searching for recipes & found this undiscovered gem. I used a Riesling for the wine (a personal favourite), halved the sugar & was very pleased w/the result. Thx for posting.