Recipe by Charmie777
A mixture of fresh fruit. From southern Europe, including Italy. Cook time includes 1 hour chill time.
Top Review by tenenffej
An excellent iteration of the desert, the only improvement I can think of is, as shown in the photo, to garnish it with (or otherwise include) fresh mint. Especially recommended if you're using more acidic fruits. If you don't like garnishes, muddle the mint in the syrup before pouring it over the fruit and serving.
- 4 cups fresh fruit
- 1 cup dry red wine or 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup champagne
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- If necessary, peel fruits and cut into bite-size pieces to make 4 cups.
- Combine wine, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Pour wine mixture over fruits; stir gently to mix.
- Cover; refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- To serve, top with dollop of whipped cream, if desired.