Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is light and healthy. Great for get togethers and whats even better is that is great for all ages and all lifestyles, whether your dieting or not. The possibilities are endless, but you could use kiwi, mango, blueberries, raspberries, melons (i.e cantaloupe, watermelons) etc.
- 3 bananas (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 2 cups pineapple chunks (30-40 pieces)
- 30 -40 strawberries
- 30 -40 seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 10 wooden skewers
- apple jelly (optional)
- Put the cut up bananas in a medium bowl. Combine the orange juice with the bananas and gently toss a couple of times to coat bananas.
- This method should keep bananas from turning brown.
- Take a wooden skewer and thread your fruit on.
- *To enhance the sweetness of the strawberries, instead of using whole strawberries, cut each one in half place in a medium bowl and add a wee bit of sugar and toss around.
- Method 2.
- Add about 5 large tbsp of apple jelly to a small saucepan and stir over a medium jelly, until it because less lumpy, let cool.
- Slice bananas and coat with apple jelly.
- Slice strawberries and cut in half and coat with either sugar or apple jelly.
- Slice the rest of the fruit and set aside.
- Stick the fruit on the skewers.
I made these with lunch for DS and I..then side for dinner with the family so scaled it down a bit using bananas, apple chunks, pineapples, watermelon, grapes, and strawberries. Really fun way to enjoy your fruit-and flavorful! We used the OJ method only - no sweetner although I am interested in trying the apple jelly in the spring. ;) **Adopt a recipe Sept. 2007**