Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light, healthy,refreshing,cooling and comforting.
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- honey, to taste depends on how sweet the fruit is
- 1 cantaloupe, diced into 1/2 pieces
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 bunch seedless black grapes
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts, garnish
- mint leaf, garnish
- Put all the fruit into a bowl.
- Completely mix yogurt, lime juice, cardamom, and honey.
- Fold into diced fruit.
- Keep refrigerated till ready to serve.
- Top with mint leaves and nuts for garnish.
I adored this as I adore cardamon. It really bought my ordinary fruit salad and yoghurt up a big notch. I can see this being a regular breakfast as I can make up a big batch of the yoghurt mix and keep in fridge for use any time. Truly yummy !
I had a hard time with this recipe - I used more than double one cup of yogurt, and thus doubled the cardamom. BIG MISTAKE. A little cardamom goes a really long way. Of course, it's not Rita's fault that we added too much cardamom, but I've never actually thrown away RecipeZaar food before. If in doubt, start with way less cardamom, and add until you're satisfied.
I made this with some seasonal fruit (it's winter here at the moment)I loved the tang of the lime cardamon yoghurt, didn't use the honey as I din't think it needed it. Made for ZWT III.