Recipe by Creation in Hope
I am posting this for the Zaar World Tour II. I have not tried this. This is compliments of www.proquestk12.com . Servings and time are estimates. This dessert also can be prepared with Asian fruits such as litchi, rambutan, or star fruit.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces creamed coconut
- 1⁄3 pint boiling water
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 orange, zest of, strips
- 1 lime, zest of, strips
- 1 large banana, firm, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut in cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Roughly chop the block of creamed coconut into thin slivers.
- Place in a bowl and pour in boiling water.
- Mix well until creamed coconut dissolves.
- Add more creamed coconut for a thicker consistency.
- Transfer the creamed coconut and water mixture to a pan.
- Add sugar and salt and heat gently until sugar dissolves.
- Add orange and lime peel.
- Add the banana, mango, pineapple cubes, and orange pieces.
- Cook gently for two to three minutes.
- Arrange the fruit and coconut sauce decoratively on serving plates.