Recipe by Stoblogger
Light, crispy, fruity, creamy! Spring is here and it's time for cool, fresh fruit desserts. The possibilities are endless once you create the shell. Use prepared seasonal, local fruits, or go tropical with pineapple, mango, and coconut.
Baked Tortilla Shell
- 10 inches flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1 cup fresh peach (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (optional)
- 1 cup honeydew melon (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup whipped cream, or
- 2 tablespoons Cool Whip, or
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Baked Tortilla shell:.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place flour tortilla on flat surface, completely moisten the top side with a little water using a pastry brush or fingertips. Place the tortilla in a tortilla baking mold that has been sprayed with cooking spray. The dry side will become the inside of the "bowl".
- Generously pray the inside of the "bowl" with cooking spray (or using pastry brush, brush generously with melted butter) and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake from 5 to 10 minutes on center oven rack. Watch closely, sugar can burn quickly. Brown to your liking.
- Prepare the fruit by washing, removing stems, seeds, etc., and cutting into bite sized peices.
- One "bowl" will require about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of fruit of your choice. I used all strawberries this time since they have just come in season.
- Be creative, mix fruits, go tropical!, add some granola, drizzle with chocolate syrup, top with ice cream if you prefer it over whipped cream.