Recipe by Sydney Mike
Like fresh fruit? Try this when they're in season! The recipe is from the 1967 cookbook 'so good with FRUIT' from Better Homes and Gardens. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by Mami J
Yummy!! I omitted the raspberries and added strawberries instead. I also crushed the fruit in my blender to get a finer texture. Since I made 2 servings for my DSS and 2 for Dh and I, I added some Triple Sec to ours. So good and refreshing!
- 1⁄2 cup fresh red raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup banana, ripe, diced
- 1⁄2 cup peach, ripe, diced
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 (2 quart) bottle carbonated lemon-lime beverage
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine raspberries, banana, peaches, pineapple juice & sugar.
- Divide among four 8-ounce glasses, then chill.
- When ready to serve, add a small scoop of vanilla ice cream to each glass, & 'muddle' gently[!].
- Then, tipping the glass, SLOWLY pour lemon-lime carbonated beverage down the inner side, but leaving enough room to add a second small scoop of ice cream.
- Sit back & enjoy!