- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh fruit puree (two colors -- 1/4 cup each of mango or papaya and raspberry are the most colorful)
- 6 cups assorted seasonal fresh fruit, sliced in different shapes (melon balls, wedges of citrus, slivers of peach, whole grapes)
- To make the pastry cream, blend all of the ingredients in a food processor with a metal blade until satin smooth.
- Refrigerate in a tightly covered container until thoroughly chilled.
- To make the desserts, place 2 tbsps.
- of each color puree on each of 8 large round plates, preferably white.
- Spread the puree out in an interesting pattern with the back of a spoon.
- Arrange 3/4 c.
- of the various fruits in an pattern on the top of the puree, creating a work of art on each plate.
- Decorate the fruit with the chilled pastry cream.
- For a truly exciting treat, use a pastry bag and pipe squiggles, swirls and rosettes onto the fruit.