Top Review by Mary Scheffert
I used blackberries that I had frozen from our garden. The taste was wonderful, but next time I will add some cornstarch to the berries since they were so juicy. I also made this in two 9" pie plates, so I could share with my folks. I think this recipe would be great with any kind of fruit, and will make it again. -M :)
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs apples (6 med) or 2 1⁄2 lbs peaches ((6 med)(10 med))
- 2 tablespoons sugar, granulated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all dry ingredients but the granulated sugar in a food processor.
- Cut the butter in smallish pieces - no need to soften.
- Blend in food processor until butter is in small pieces and is well mixed.
- Peel, core and slice fruit to make 5-6 cups.
- Place fruit in a 10x6x2 baking dish an sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Cover fruit with crumb mixture. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream - it's great!! Enjoy!