Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Any fresh fruit can be used for this recipe. My personal favorites are blueberry and apple.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups fresh fruit (berries, peeled apples, peaches, pitted cherries, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Stir until crumbly. Press half the oat mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with fruit.
- In a medium saucepan, combine white sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. Cook, stirring, until thick and clear, 10 minutes. Pour over fruit. Cover fruit with remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, until bubbly and golden.
I used this recipe but with http://www.food.com/recipe/fruit-crisp-topping-mix-35483 for the topping as I already had it made up and ready. Using fresh plums, this turned out to be the best most delicious crisp, and then I made it using canned peaches just to be sure that it would work on something like that in the winter... and doggone if it didn't turn out just as good. Would recommend this recipe to anyone for a really great and fast dessert recipe. Thank You so much for sharing.
Fabulous recipe to use in the summer when fresh fruit abounds. I have made this dessert twice...once with fresh plums and once with fresh peaches. Absolutely delicious! I did, however, double the topping portion the second time I made this (flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter) because it is so yummy. Make sure the fresh fruit is very ripe or it can tend to taste tart when baked. Even better topped with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.
This was excellent. I used fresh peaches and followed the directions exactly. My husband went back for 2nds, which is a great compliment, b/c he is a picky eater. So thanks, this will go into my cookbook to be used again!