Recipe by KelBel
Any fresh fruit can be used for this recipe. My personal favorites are blueberry and apple.
Top Review by Chabear01
I used this recipe but with http://www.food.com/recipe/fruit-crisp-topping-mix-35483 for the topping as I already had it made up and ready. Using fresh plums, this turned out to be the best most delicious crisp, and then I made it using canned peaches just to be sure that it would work on something like that in the winter... and doggone if it didn't turn out just as good. Would recommend this recipe to anyone for a really great and fast dessert recipe. Thank You so much for sharing.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups fresh fruit (berries, peeled apples, peaches, pitted cherries, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Stir until crumbly. Press half the oat mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with fruit.
- In a medium saucepan, combine white sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. Cook, stirring, until thick and clear, 10 minutes. Pour over fruit. Cover fruit with remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, until bubbly and golden.