Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The bits of plum and cherry peelings give this compote a wonderful color. If you don't like the peeling bits, simply peel fruit completely. Great over pound cake. Top with a bit of whipped cream.
- 2 fresh plums, partially peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 fresh pears, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 20 fresh cherries, pitted and quartered
- 1⁄2 lemon, grated rind and juice of
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon brandy, rum or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a sauce pan, add water first then the rest of the ingredients except for the flavoring.
- Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Add flavoring.
- Serve with whipped cream or over cake.
- I like it plain for breakfast!