1/2 Photos of Fresh Fruit Coffee Cake
1 hr 10 mins
This is a coffee cake you can make with just about any fresh fruit that sounds good. I have had it made with Raspberry/Strawberry and recently made it Christmas morning as a Blueberry/Pear Coffee Cake. I would recommend using fresh fruit and not cheating by using the canned variety. It's a recipe by Lou Seibert Pappas from the book Coffee Cakes, Simple Sweet and Savory.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh fruit, sliced, chopped, diced to your preference
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup walnuts or 1/2 cup almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Butter and Flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- 3In a large bowl, combine first three ingredients (cream cheese, Butter, granulated sugar) and beat with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 4Stir in the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- 5In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to blend.
- 6Add to the cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
- 7Spread 1/2 of the batter in the prepared pan. Scatter fruit evenly over the batter. Dot the remaining batter over the fruit.
- 8Mix brown sugar and nuts together, sprinkle evenly over batter.
- 9Bake for 40 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a tester comes out clean.
- 10Let cool or serve warm. Yummy either way.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Fruit Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.9
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 204.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: