Recipe by Annacia
A spiced, no-sugar syrup bathes chunks of mixed fruit; you can substitute or add other seasonal varieties as desired.
Top Review by Bleu Gurl
I made this delicous fruit salad with Bird. It was simple to make. I even got to use a new kitchen tool I had never seen before called a apple corer/slicer. The aroma coming from the apple juice, orange zest, and the cinnamon sticks while they were on the stove was wonderful! The taste was absolutly delicous! In fact it was so good I practically ate the whole bowl by myself! LOLz. I would most definitely recommend this recipe to those who love fruit.
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest or 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 Red Delicious apples, cored and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, combine apple juice, lemon juice, orange or lemon zest, and cinnamon sticks. Heat to boil and simmer, uncovered 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In large serving bowl, combine apples, pineapple, orange, and grapes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks from apple juice mixture and pour mixture over fruit.
- Chill before serving.