Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious any time of the year fruit salad! I call this Chunky Fresh Fruit Cocktail for grownups!!
- 3 fuji apples or 3 gala apples
- 3 tangelos or 3 oranges
- 3 red pears or 3 bartlett pears
- 1 fresh cored pineapple
- 1 bunch red globe grapes (the really big ones)
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (3 ounce) box sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix or 1 (3 ounce) box sugar-free instant lemon pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) can carbonated lemon-lime beverage or 1 (12 ounce) cangrapefruit flavor carbonated beverages
- Important! Retain all juices from fruits as you cut them!
- Peel and cut apples, oranges and pears into chunks.
- Cut pineapple into chunks.
- Quarter red globe grapes, removing seeds.
- Add entire jar of undrained cherries.
- Sprinkle dry pudding mix over fruit.
- Toss fruit well until coated with pudding.
- Add splashes of soda and toss fruit until your fruit cocktail has a nice "sauce" but not too "soupy". This varies depending on how much juice you had from the fruits.
- Refrigerate to chill and let flavors blend. Cook time is chill time.