Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
This is a wonderfully easy recipe to make your Danishes at home. Enjoy with coffee or tea, with friends & family. This recipe was presented on KSL-TV.
Top Review by Culinary Creationist
This recipe is a keeper. I'll be sure to make it again in the future. Me and my family absoulutly loved it! I did make a few changes due to what I had on hand. Insead of berries, I used a little bit of jam, which turned out pretty good. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
1 cup fresh berries of choice
- blackberries or blueberries or raspberries or strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pastry sheets on work surface; cut each sheet into fourths.
- Have 2 baking sheets lined with parchment or Silpat ready.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, half & half, egg, powdered sugar, and lemon zest.
- Divide the mixture among the 8 squares of pastry, placing the cheese in the center of each square.
- Top each with a tablespoon of fruit choice. Cut a small slit in the corners of each pastry square, then fold the pastry over the cheese so that the center is exposed. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake in a 425* oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar, cool slightly before serving. The.
- preparation time is an estimate.
- ENJOY !