A wonderful bread adaptable to any season of the year. It freezes well. One of my most requested recipes.
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and add to above mixture.
- Carefully fold in fruit.
- Pour into two prepared bread pans and bake at 350° for one hour.
- This recipe may be doubled.
- Variation: Prune Bread: Use 3/4 pound chopped pitted prunes and add 3/4 teaspoon cardamom, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel.
- Cranberry Bread: Use 2 cups whole cranberries, eliminate cinnamon, add 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel, 1 teaspoon orange extract.