Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful bread adaptable to any season of the year. It freezes well. One of my most requested recipes.
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and add to above mixture.
- Carefully fold in fruit.
- Pour into two prepared bread pans and bake at 350° for one hour.
- This recipe may be doubled.
- Variation: Prune Bread: Use 3/4 pound chopped pitted prunes and add 3/4 teaspoon cardamom, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel.
- Cranberry Bread: Use 2 cups whole cranberries, eliminate cinnamon, add 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel, 1 teaspoon orange extract.
I used the leftover pears from making some homemade pear vodka in this bread. Excellent texture and taste. I followed the recipe exactly and my two loaves were beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Photo Tag.
I made some peach bread and the flavor is good. The house smells so good while baking. However, it took me 80 minutes to bake them. I wonder is it because of the riped peach?
I made this yesterday with some tangerines. It was very good, and my husband and I ate a whole loaf in 2 days! Will definitely make every time a new fruit comes into season.