Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
The beautiful colors of the assorted fruit makes this a great summer salad. Slightly sweet and chilled, it makes a nice accompaniment to a grilled dinner or an early-morning meal. From TOH Parties, Potlucks and Barbecues. Prep time does not include chill time.
Top Review by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Delicious fruit salad that is LOW in fat and pretty low in calories as well. I was a little concerned about the corn syrup but I guess one could use honey instead. I used corn syrup- shame shame! What the heck! You only live once right? I was hoping to have my camera back from the repair shop by now so I could take a picture of this masterpiece. Loved the hit of mint here and next time I think I will mince some and toss it in with the fruit PLUS have it as a garnish. Thanks for a great cool salad! Awesome for the hot summer days! *Made for Bev Tag^
- 8 -10 cups fresh melon, cubes cantaloupe and honeydew
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, quartered
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chunked
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine melon cubes and corn syrup. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in remaining fruit. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.
- Tip: A medium cantaloupe will yield about 4-1/2 cups of cubes, while a medium honeydew will yield about 4 cups.