Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The beautiful colors of the assorted fruit makes this a great summer salad. Slightly sweet and chilled, it makes a nice accompaniment to a grilled dinner or an early-morning meal. From TOH Parties, Potlucks and Barbecues. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 8 -10 cups fresh melon, cubes cantaloupe and honeydew
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, quartered
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chunked
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine melon cubes and corn syrup. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in remaining fruit. Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired.
- Tip: A medium cantaloupe will yield about 4-1/2 cups of cubes, while a medium honeydew will yield about 4 cups.
Delicious fruit salad that is LOW in fat and pretty low in calories as well. I was a little concerned about the corn syrup but I guess one could use honey instead. I used corn syrup- shame shame! What the heck! You only live once right? I was hoping to have my camera back from the repair shop by now so I could take a picture of this masterpiece. Loved the hit of mint here and next time I think I will mince some and toss it in with the fruit PLUS have it as a garnish. Thanks for a great cool salad! Awesome for the hot summer days! *Made for Bev Tag^