Recipe by COOKGIRl
Found on apinchof.com. Using seasonal fresh fruit of your choice, this dessert will be the pièce de rèsistance if you will, at your next summer gathering! Other fruit options: raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, etc.
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled (NOT Cool Whip!)
- 1 cup crumbled crisp macaroons or 1 cup crumbled amaretti cookie
- 2 cups blueberries or 2 cups peaches, cut up into chunks or 2 cups nectarines, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender blossoms, for garnish
lavender sugar (use 3 Tablespoons)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender blossoms
Directions See How It's Made
- *Note: Use a combination of fruit of your choice for this dessert.
- Parfaits: About an hour before preparing the dessert, chill a metal or glass bowl (3 or 4 cup capacity) and the beaters of an electric mixer in the freezer.
- Tip: You can also freeze the parfait or wine glasses.
- Pour the cold heavy cream into the chilled bowl and stir in 3 tablespoons lavender sugar. Whip at high speed until the cream has doubled in volume and will hold a soft peak. This will take a few minutes.
- In four parfait or wine glasses, alternate layers of the cookies, the fruit and the whipped cream. Repeat with one more layer.
- Garnish each serving with sprinkle of the lavender buds.
- Serve immediately.
- Lavender Sugar*: Grind on PULSE 1 cup granulated sugar and 2 Tablespoons dried lavender buds together in a blender until the sugar takes on a purple hue and the lavender buds are no longer visible.
- *Please note that this will make more lavender sugar than you will need for the recipe. Store and use the extra lavender sugar for sweetening lemonade, tea or coffee, in baked goods, etc.