Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend gave me this recipe and I tweaked to meet my family's tastes. Mind you they do not like plain zucchini but mixed with breads, other veggies, and soups--well let's just say kitchen Witchery. Super easy to make and smells great.
- 1-2 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- 1 head garlic (I use more because we love garlic)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 9.85 ml pepper
- 3-5 medium tomatoes
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml olive oil (can use vegetable or any kind oil)
- fresh herb (I use basil, chives, Greek oregano)
- Cut all veggies 1/4 -1/2 inch thickness (make sure all uniform).
- In electric skillet melt butter and blend in oil.
- Crush garlic and brown slightly, add in and.
- Sauté veggies until al dente.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with mozzarella until just melted.
- Serve and enjoy.
- *** I taste and cook together so measurements for S & P, herbs, and garlic will depend on your taste, diet restrictions and what you are serving with.
- Can easily be a main meal for vegetarians.
- Cooking time varies as I do the prep ahead of time and then cook for the dinner.
Slick as a whistle and good as a garden, this is a true delight to the palette. Easy enough to make in minutes, and filling enough to make this your whole meal. I used yellow squash, but all stayed the same otherwise. Thanks for posting, Connie! Hugs from the farm ZWT7
This is very flavorful, loved the aroma of it while it was cooking. Thank you will be making this again. Made for ZWT 5, Sultans of Spice
Made this as a vegetarian lunch today and it is Wonderful! I did add some fresh asparagus and mushrooms to the veggie blend and as for the seasonings, I added basil, and a Greek seasoning blend along with a dash of salt and some fresh cracked pepper. I think I will serve this over brown rice for a vegetarian dinner. In any case it is something that will be made often at our house. Thanks for sharing! Made for AUS/NZ Swap 17