1/3 Photos of Fresh from the Garden Skillet
A friend gave me this recipe and I tweaked to meet my family's tastes. Mind you they do not like plain zucchini but mixed with breads, other veggies, and soups--well let's just say kitchen Witchery. Super easy to make and smells great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1-2 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- 1 head garlic (I use more because we love garlic)
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 9.85 ml pepper
- 3-5 medium tomatoes
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml olive oil (can use vegetable or any kind oil)
- fresh herb (I use basil, chives, Greek oregano)
- 1Cut all veggies 1/4 -1/2 inch thickness (make sure all uniform).
- 2In electric skillet melt butter and blend in oil.
- 3Crush garlic and brown slightly, add in and.
- 4Sauté veggies until al dente.
- 5Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Top with mozzarella until just melted.
- 7Serve and enjoy.
- 8*** I taste and cook together so measurements for S & P, herbs, and garlic will depend on your taste, diet restrictions and what you are serving with.
- 9Can easily be a main meal for vegetarians.
- 10Cooking time varies as I do the prep ahead of time and then cook for the dinner.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh from the Garden Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.2
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 570.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g