1/3 Photos of Fresh from the Garden Skillet
A friend gave me this recipe and I tweaked to meet my family's tastes. Mind you they do not like plain zucchini but mixed with breads, other veggies, and soups--well let's just say kitchen Witchery. Super easy to make and smells great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- 1 head garlic (I use more because we love garlic)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 -5 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use vegetable or any kind oil)
- fresh herb (I use basil, chives, Greek oregano)
- 1Cut all veggies 1/4 -1/2 inch thickness (make sure all uniform).
- 2In electric skillet melt butter and blend in oil.
- 3Crush garlic and brown slightly, add in and.
- 4Sauté veggies until al dente.
- 5Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Top with mozzarella until just melted.
- 7Serve and enjoy.
- 8*** I taste and cook together so measurements for S & P, herbs, and garlic will depend on your taste, diet restrictions and what you are serving with.
- 9Can easily be a main meal for vegetarians.
- 10Cooking time varies as I do the prep ahead of time and then cook for the dinner.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh from the Garden Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.2
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 40.0 mg
- Sodium 570.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g