Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
A friend gave me this recipe and I tweaked to meet my family's tastes. Mind you they do not like plain zucchini but mixed with breads, other veggies, and soups--well let's just say kitchen Witchery. Super easy to make and smells great.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Slick as a whistle and good as a garden, this is a true delight to the palette. Easy enough to make in minutes, and filling enough to make this your whole meal. I used yellow squash, but all stayed the same otherwise. Thanks for posting, Connie! Hugs from the farm ZWT7
- 1 -2 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- 1 head garlic (I use more because we love garlic)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 3 -5 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use vegetable or any kind oil)
- fresh herb (I use basil, chives, Greek oregano)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut all veggies 1/4 -1/2 inch thickness (make sure all uniform).
- In electric skillet melt butter and blend in oil.
- Crush garlic and brown slightly, add in and.
- Sauté veggies until al dente.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with mozzarella until just melted.
- Serve and enjoy.
- *** I taste and cook together so measurements for S & P, herbs, and garlic will depend on your taste, diet restrictions and what you are serving with.
- Can easily be a main meal for vegetarians.
- Cooking time varies as I do the prep ahead of time and then cook for the dinner.