Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fresh from the garden pumpkin pie. What else can I say.....YUM (Cooking and prep time does not include cooking of fresh pumpkin)
- To prepare pumkin:.
- Cut the pumpkin in half, discarding the stringy insides.
- Then peel and cut the pumpkin into chunks.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the pumpkin chunks are tender.
- Remove from water.
- Let the chunks cool, and then puree the flesh in a food processor or mash.
- For the pie: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- blend all ingredients well in large bowl, pour into prepared unbaked pie shell, bake at 425F for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350F and bake 45 minutes longer or until set, let cool at least 30 minutes.
- Chill before serving.