Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was created by Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services culinary ambassador and executive chef Justin Timineri, and uses Fresh from Florida produce. For more information about Chef Timineri and Fresh from Florida recipes, visit http://www.thefloridachef.com.
- 1 florida avocado, peeled, pitted, and mashed or chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, (red or yellow), diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 florida tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce (your favorite kind)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the lime juice, cumin, garlic, hot sauce and cilantro. Fold in avocado, onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt and pepper. Refrigerate up to one hour for best result, or serve immediately with tortilla chips and fresh cut veggies.
- To help protect avocados, visit www.SavetheGuac.com.