Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These fresh tacos are lightly fried in oil and deliver a delightful favor.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 6 fajita-size flour tortillas, 6-inch diameter
- 3 cups canola oil, enough to fill a large skillet about 1 inch high
- 1 tablespoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, four cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce, from a jar
- In a medium skillet, brown meat on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- Stir in Taco Seasoning Mix, red pepper and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- While meat is simmering, add oil to a separate large skillet on low until oil is hot.
- Using tongs, immerse one tortilla at a time completely in oil. Cook tortilla for approximately one minute, turning it over several times in the oil.
- Remove tortilla from oil and place on paper towel.
- Plate each tortilla and add a couple spoons of seasoned meat, cheese and lettuce. Fold tortilla over and serve. Top with taco sauce, sour cream, salsa if desired.
Used the meat mixture from Recipe #234539. Made for a very filling meal with guacamole.
Very good. Used taco seasoning recipe #199955 for the mix. Best tacos we have had in a long time. Thanks Super San Mateo Chef. Bullwinkle
We really loved these. My mom usually makes them this way excepts uses corn tortillas. This was the first time I ever had fried flour tortillas and I loved them. We willo have to make them this way from now on.