Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These fresh tacos are lightly fried in oil and deliver a delightful favor.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 6 fajita-size flour tortillas, 6-inch diameter
- 3 cups canola oil, enough to fill a large skillet about 1 inch high
- 1 tablespoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, four cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce, from a jar
- In a medium skillet, brown meat on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- Stir in Taco Seasoning Mix, red pepper and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- While meat is simmering, add oil to a separate large skillet on low until oil is hot.
- Using tongs, immerse one tortilla at a time completely in oil. Cook tortilla for approximately one minute, turning it over several times in the oil.
- Remove tortilla from oil and place on paper towel.
- Plate each tortilla and add a couple spoons of seasoned meat, cheese and lettuce. Fold tortilla over and serve. Top with taco sauce, sour cream, salsa if desired.
Used the meat mixture from Taco Bell Taco Meat for Soft or Hard Shells. Made for a very filling meal with guacamole.
Very good. Used taco seasoning Mucho Gusto Taco Seasoning Mix for the mix. Best tacos we have had in a long time. Thanks Super San Mateo Chef. Bullwinkle
We really loved these. My mom usually makes them this way excepts uses corn tortillas. This was the first time I ever had fried flour tortillas and I loved them. We willo have to make them this way from now on.