1/2 Photos of Fresh Flower/Herb Blossom Ice Cubes for Summertime Entertaining
6 hrs 15 mins
Dress up your drinks with these beautiful and romantic ice cubes featuring blossoms from the garden! Perfect for summer afternoon parties or cocktail events! Pink or red rose petals will enhance any drink, and can also be sprinkled on the table and over desserts for a romantic effect. Or, use fresh herbs. Flowers and leaves that are suitable include: scented geraniums, nasturtiums, violets, rose petals, pansies, lavender, basil, chive/leek/onion/garlic blossoms, borage flowers, and most flowers from edible herbs (e.g. basil, oregano, thyme). Note: Boiling the water before freezing will ensure that the ice cubes are crystal clear.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 fresh edible flowers (such as scented geraniums, nasturtiums, violets, rose petals, pansies, lavender, borage, basil, chiv)
- 354.88 ml water, boiled and cooled
- ice cube
- 1Gather and gently rinse all of your pesticide-free blossoms.
- 2Boil water for 2 minutes for all the air trapped in the water to escape. Then leave to cool till room temperature. This will ensure that the ice cubes are crystal clear.
- 3Place each blossom at the base of each individual compartment within an ice tray (or more trays if you have a large party).
- 4Fill each compartment half full with the cooled boiled water and freeze.
- 5After the water is frozen solid, fill each ice cube compartment the rest of the way to the top with the remaining boiled water.
- 6Refreeze and allow it to remain in the freezer until you are ready to use them (store in the freezer in zip lock bags).
- 7NOTE: You can also freeze a large ice ring for the punch bowl, with a variety of blossoms. Don't use the glass punchbowl or it will expand and burst in the freezer. Instead, use a ring-shaped cake tin and fill it with flowers and water. Follow the same procedure as above (filling halfway, then freezing), but you can add additional blossoms to the second layer so that the blossoms are throughout the large ice ring.
- 8Use the ice cubes in pitchers or glasses of lemonade, iced tea, juices, punches and cocktails.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Flower/Herb Blossom Ice Cubes for Summertime Entertaining
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh edible flowers