Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Commander's Palace in New Orleans. It's meant to be eaten fresh, or you can freeze it for later use. I am not really sure how long this needs to cook, so that is a guess.
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, membranes trimmed, and finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, membranes trimmed, and finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, membranes trimmed, and finely diced
- 4 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- Put syrup, vinegar, and pepper flakes in a pot and reduce by 2/3 and until sticky.
- Place peppers in a hot skillet and saute about 30 minutes or until tender and the color is brightened.
- Add peppers to the syrup mixture with a slotted spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.