1/3 Photos of Fresh Figs With Stilton and Walnuts in a Honey Drizzle Dressing
French Tart's Note:
A new fig recipe for this year! Similar to my Fresh Fig and Feta Salad With Toasted Walnuts but with blue cheese and a honey drizzle dressing. I like to tuck a few fig leaves amongst the salad for colour........but please do wipe them first! Serve these figs with crusty bread, some mixed herb and salad leaves.......and a glass of chilled wine. Quantities for figs depend on the size; allow one or two large figs per person or, between three and six for medium to small figs.This makes a fabulous dinner party starter, or a light salad for lunch..........I sometimes serve this for the cheese course too, for something a little different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toasted Walnuts:.
- 2In a large, heavy frying pan, over a high heat, toast the walnuts for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove and set aside to cool.
- 3Honey Drizzle Dressing.
- 4Put the vinegar and a good pinch of salt and black pepper in a screw-top jar and shake until the salt has dissolved. Add the honey and walnut oil, then shake again to emulsify – the emulsion will hold for ten minutes or so, but give it another jiggle just before you use it to dress the salad.
- 6Wipe the fresh figs gently, and cut them in half. Arrange them on a large platter, OR on individual plates - allowing 4 to 5 fresh figs per person, depending on the size.
- 7Sprinkle 1 to 1 1/2 ozs of crumbled or sliced blue cheese per person, over the top of the fresh figs.
- 8Scatter the chopped,toasted walnuts over the fig salad.
- 9Just before serving, drizzle the honey dressing over the salad, and garnish each plate with 1 - 2 fresh fig leaves if available.
- 10Serve with crusty bread and butter and mixed herb and salad leaves.
- 11Can also be served as a dessert/cheese course combined.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Figs With Stilton and Walnuts in a Honey Drizzle Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1001.5
- Calories from Fat 676
- Total Fat 75.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 597.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 59.2 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar