Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Baby Kato
This dish is so good. I ran out of cream cheese and had my heart set on this for lunch today. So I substituted with marscapone cheese. The cream was thick, smooth, creamy, tart, tangy and garlicky, while the figs were sweet and juicy. What a great flavor combination. The figs and the cream complimented each other perfectly. I served the cream and figs on sesame crackers, it was excellant. Thank you for sharing this quick and easy to make dish, that I will be enjoying often.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled medium-fine
- 12 -15 fresh figs, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and garlic, beating until smooth.
- Stir in the feta; chill (this can be done up to 3 days in advance).
- When ready to serve, let the cheese mixture soften to room temperature.
- Place 3 fig halves on each plate; you may either spread them with the garlic-feta cream, or place a dollop of the cream next to the figs.