Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful appetizer of Sweet juicy figs stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, pine nuts, honey and the magic ingredient Amarula Cream Liqueur (Bailey 's can be used in it's place. Then lovingly wrapped in Proscuitto!
- 8 fresh figs
- 8 slices prosciutto, very thin
- 1 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted (chopped Pecans work too)
- 1⁄8 cup Amarula cream liqueur
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- Mix filling ingredients together.
- Slice a small incision at the base of each fig. I place an eighth of mixture in each fig.
- Gentle wrap each fig so each is nestled holding in the stuffing.
Fabulous! Easy to make, and fancy enough for a cocktail party. Instead of stuffing the figs, I sliced them in half and just put the filling on each half. Nice combination of salty and sweet!
Excellent and easy appetizer. I had never had fresh figs and found this recipe. Great flavor and very easy.
Absolutely STUNNING! Rita, I have made these THREE times now, and we LOVE them! These deserve 10 stars - so classy and tasty! In the absence of Amarula, I added a little cognac.......tasted great! I served these with chilled Spanish sherry and small rounds of Ficelle French bread - I had to hide some, as they all disappeared in a trice! Made as a thank you to the Goddess of All things Figgy! Merci ma leetle petits pois! FT/Karen:-)