Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy fresh fig recipe. Can be used as appetizer, side dish, or dessert... or all three! I could eat figs three times a day, I only wish the season were longer. I changed the amount of Gorgonzola for the figs, as I believe the review I recently got was right... too strong for the fig. It read 6 tablespoons before I changed it. I believe 1/2 teaspoon per fig would be better. As would less port be better.
- Preheat oven while fixing figs.
- Cut stems and a small portion of top off figs.
- Score tops crosswise.
- Place figs in shallow glass dish small enough to keep them close together.
- Fill each with a half teaspoon of the Gorgonzola cheese.
- Poor ruby port into dish.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until cheese melts.
This was delicious. I can only give 3 stars as I did not make it exactly as stated. I used gorgonzola as I had some in the house, but I found it too strong in this dish, although I did like th idea of the blue cheese. Perhaps dolcellate would have been better, for me. I also used the rest of a bottle of good red wine as it was "just hanging around" and I did not have amy port. My DH was not sure whether this was a desert or better as a starter, but he ate 2 figs anyway!
WOW - So easy and so so very nice. Thank you for such a delish recipe. I made them last week and I'm making them again today!