Recipe by GoKittenGo
This is from a cookbook entitled "Creative Cooking", and somehow manages to be both refreshing and decadent. It's so good. If you can only get small figs, use a few more; the glasses should be full almost to the top. Why not just make a double batch anyway? I usually do. :) I hope you enjoy this! Please note: Cooking time is chilling time.
Top Review by rosslare
This is fabulously simple and delicious no cook no brainer dessert! One of the BEST ways to use fresh figs. The brown sugar dissolves to a wonderful syrup with fig juices. I do layer some sugar with the figs, no need to be too spartan.
Directions See How It's Made
- Submerge figs in hot (not boiling) water for 1 minute.
- Drain, peel, and quarter each fig.
- Beat the cream lightly, and blend it into the yogurt.
- Spoon a little of the cream mixture into four sherbet glasses.
- Top with a layer of figs and continue with alternating layers, finishing with a layer of cream.
- Sprinkle each layer with the sugar.
- NOTE: If I want this to be rather sweet, I sprinkle sugar on top of each cream layer, if I want less, I only use it on the very top.
- It's up to you.
- I have tossed the figs in the sugar before with decent results.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours to allow the sugar to melt into the cream.