Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Serve with a salad of summer greens.
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaf
- 2 slices prosciutto di Parma, minced (2 ounces)
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, well chilled and crumbled
- 4 -6 large ripe figs, stems trimmed, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter a 9-inch pie plate.
- Whisk the ricotta, eggs, milk, flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until blended.
- Finely chop the basil in a food processor or by hand; add the basil, prosciutto, and half of the goat cheese to the ricottal mixture; stir until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan; arrange the figs in concentric circles on top of the filling; sprinkle with the remaining goat cheese.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned and the center is almost set; let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
- To serve, spoon onto plates; serve either warm or at room temperature.
Excellent recipe! So easy to follow and super yummy! Thank you for sharing :)