Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
The sweet warm figs and tangy melted cheese are an interesting combination.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (9 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cheese (recommended Spanish Manchego, aged Cheddar, California Dry Jack, or Monterey Jack)
- 1 cup trimmed and diced firm ripe green figs or 1 cup black fig
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°; brush a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place the tortillas on the baking sheet.
- Spread ¼ cup of the cheese on the bottom half of each tortilla.
- Add a layer of figs (use about ¼ cup for each tortilla).
- Sprinkle each with about ½ tablespoons red onion and ½ tablespoon cilantro; then top with ¼ cup of the remaining cheese.
- Fold the tortilla over to make half-circles; press down lightly.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown on the bottom.
- Using a wide spatula, carefully turn the tortillas over; bake another 3 minutes or until the bottoms are golden.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board; cut (using a knife or scissors) each one into 4 wedges.
- Serve immediately.
These were really good! They sound like an odd combination. My husband wasn't enamored with the idea of these...until he ate a piece. He ended up loving it! I did too. We will make these again for sure.