Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Figs must be in season in California right now because I see them all over. I had a mini fig tart last week from a local bakery and it was delicious. It did not have any creme. Just a pastry shell, very small figs, quartered with a sugary glazing on top. Simple and delicious. I'm trying to find a recipe that duplicates it. I found this recipe on iFood.tv and want to save it here because this is where I keep my recipes.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb fresh fig
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, unbaked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel and slice figs (enough for 3 cups).
- Stir sugar, orange peel, and lemon juice into figs.
- Turn fruit into unbaked pie shell.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 450 degrees 10 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees 25 minutes.
A soupy mess. Tasty. But a soupy mess nonetheless.