Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A pretty and tasty dessert from the California Fig folks!
- 1 (18 ounce) packageprepared sugar cookie dough
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone (or sour cream)
- 1 egg
- 1 lb firm-ripe fresh fig, quartered (about 8 large)
- 1⁄4 cup currant jelly (or apple jelly)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Slice and place cookie dough in single layer on 12-inch pizza pan. Allow to stand a few minutes at room temperature until softened. Now flour your hands generously and press together evenly to about 1/4-inch thick, leaving 1/2-inch raised edge all around.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Combine cream cheese, mascarpone (or sour cream) and egg in a small bowl. Beat until smooth. Spread evenly over the cookie crust almost to but not on edges.
- Bake 15- 20 minutes or until the filling is set and lightly browned. Cool.
- Just before serving, arrange the fig slices on top.
- Melt jelly with lemon juice in small saucepan over low heat and brush onto figs. Cut into wedges. Enjoy!
- Makes 8 servings.